TYPICAL SERVICE – The first two Sundays of the month, October through May, are a blend of contemporary and traditional worship. These two Sundays include upbeat contemporary Christian music led by the Praise Team. The service also includes hymns, a choir anthem, and a message. The remaining Sundays of the month are more traditional worship, with choirs, hymns, and a message.
HOW TO DRESS - You are welcome to wear what feels comfortable for you. Jeans, shorts, or any casual wear is fine. If you feel more comfortable in a dress and heels or suit and tie then go for it. Come as you are and you will fit right in.
MUSIC – Our church is very fortunate to have a wide variety of music. The Praise Team leads contemporary songs twice a month. The Chancel Choir sings every Sunday. The Praise Choir sings three times during the year. Hymns are sung each Sunday accompanied by organ or piano. During the summer months “Special Music” takes the place of the choirs and Praise Team.
Welcome to the website of Christ United Methodist Church!
We are so happy that you have decided to visit our site. We hope that you will visit us in person this Sunday. Exciting things are happening here, and we hope that you will be part of it! Services are at 10:15 AM every Sunday morning.
With Agape Love,
ClickHERE to view/download
this week's bulletin
"Teaching God's Word
by Living God's Love"
With the news airing this past week, there have been many concerns raised about the future of our denomination. Here are the facts.
1. The United Methodist Church has not split. As of right now, we are still one, albeit troubled, denomination.
2. The General Conference, meeting this coming May 5-15, is the only body that can definitively determine the future of the denomination. Nothing can happen of any real substance until then.
3. No matter what happens, this congregation will remain strong. We will continue to meet for worship, mission, and continue to work to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
What should we do?
Pray. Pray for the United Methodist Church, that God's will is done, and that Christ's message of love, forgiveness, and redemption from sin is not watered down and is proclaimed to the entire world.
Pray that whatever happens happens quickly so we can heal from our wounds and get back out there making disciples.
Pray for the General Conference, that the delegates, Bishops, and others in attendance may be filled with Christ's wisdom and peace.
Pray for this local congregation, that we may face this fiery furnace together, find Christ within, and emerge stronger than ever.
We each have an opinion concerning this matter. Therefore, pray for those with whom you do not agree, that they may be convicted of their sin and be transformed by the resurrected Christ.
And, guess what, you also need to pray for the people with whom you do agree, that you may all be convicted of your sin and be transformed by the resurrected Christ!
Finally, and most importantly, pray for yourself, that you will not be led astray by others' opinions but will hold fast to what the Lord has revealed to be true.
There is a lot of uncertainty right now, and there are a lot of unknowns, but we serve a God who is stronger and mightier than any human conflict. He has already won the victory. Hold fast to Him.
Sunday - Small Study Group - 9:00 am
Worship Service - 10:15 am
Click HERE to view/download
this month's newsletter
• The Bible is God's word.
• The church is the body of Christ.
• God is a Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
• We've been made in the image of God.
• Eternal life is a gift through faith in Jesus Christ.
• The Holy Spirit is God's present activity in our midst.
• The kingdom of God is both a present reality and future hope.
• In recognizing the two sacraments, baptism and the Lord's Supper.